Saturday, December 10, 2011

Granny Doris

Well after James and I went to Dinasour World we stopped off at this little store that we decieded that if they didn't have at least one of them, then that item was not made... There was a little lady working that was up in years and she was very nice.  She was asking me about our job and we started talking and I explained the God has blessed us so much with this job.  After a few minutes I started walking around the store again and she came and found me off in a corner.  She was almost in tears, she said that I had inspired her to start going back to church.  She told me that she could feel the Holy Spirit in me and she was inspired to try again.  She explained that she was Pentecostal and I told her I was like Mark Lowery, he said that he didn't care if you got sprinkled or if you got dunked if you were saved by Jesus Christ and believed  that he died on a cross and rose again in 3 days then we were family.  She was so sweet to say all of those things.  We talked for a while longer and she went back to work.  As I was walking around I saw a really nice guitar in a case and I was checking it out and was strumming and singing really quietly.  Later I got a walking stick and the man that worked there told me he would give me a discount if I sang that sound a little louder.... We I got that guitar and sang Rise Again, which is Granny Rowe's favorite song.  He was true to his word, he took off another $4.00.  We all laughed when I explained that was the most money I had ever made for my singing..... It was nice.  The little lady's name was Doris, but she said to call her Granny every one did.  So here is Granny Doris and the little store where I made $4.00 singing Rise Again.



No comments:

Post a Comment