Monday, September 17, 2012

oklahoma for another whirlwind weekend

James and I took off on Friday from St. Louis, Mo and headed to Pryor Creek America!!!! OKLA--HOMA!!! (Ya gotta sing it)  We again had a list of people to see and things to do we are happy to say that the Lord God Almighty has allowed us to do just that.  We haven't been home to Oklahoma for 2 1/5 years.  When Jackie died (my sister) was when we moved to Ohio so it has been a whirlwind as this blog can attest to.  Anyway, we got to put some flowers on my brothers grave. (Jeff Watts) We also got to visit with James family and meet the newest member.(Jacob)  We had the wonderful opportunity to surprise a wonderful 12 year old girl.  Miss Shirley McCrary.  I have to tell you about Shirley.  When James and I moved Shirley was very upset.  She has called me every couple of weeks for the last 2 years, wanting me to come "home".  Well we didn't tell her that we were coming in for the weekend.  We showed up at church Sunday morning and she heard me talking in the hallway and she came  running from the fellowship hall.... She was a little bit excited......When I left  she was almost 10 and short compared to me.  Now!  She is a beautiful young lady and with her "hills" on she is almost as tall as I am.  It was so very nice to see everyone again.  Then after church we took her and her parents to lunch at Braums.... a wonderful ice cream shop and had a great visit.  After a very sad good-bye we headed back to work in St. Louis, Mo.  On the way we stopped in St. James, Mo where my brother died in a car accident 7 years ago.  We got to put a white bow on the tree that represents the place of the accident.  This was a wonderful weekend but a bitter sweet for me.  Please keep us in your prayers.  I truly appreciate all the prayers that are said on our behalf, for the family for the traveling, for the job.... truely, we THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!  Enjoy the pics...
 

Mr. Jarrod, Jame's great nephew.

This is James' uncle Roy, neice Elizabeth and James.

This is James dad on front and Jacob and Dexter (brother in law)

This is James' aunt Peggy.

Mom wanted me to put some flowers for her and dad.  It says..."Mom and dad miss you"

It's hard to see but Jeff's tombstone is a pic of him doing a split kick.


This is part of our Sunday School class.... We love and miss them all.


TJ, Shirley, and her friend Addison.



Shirley had to make a "goofy" pic with Miss TJ... I told you I would post it....hahah

This is James' best friend since the early 90's.  John Littlefield. 


We all miss you Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment