Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday PM at Riverview Nazarene church in Hannibal, MO




Ok just when we thought we could not be blessed anymore today, James and I visited Pastor Red Haffner and the congregation at Riverview.  We met with Red before church and introduced ourselves and he invited us to testify and for me to sing.... James even went up front and testified infront of everyone.  That blessed my heart so much.  Pastor asked if I could sing a cappella and I told him all my life I have heard that we should be ready to sing or testify in any season...so we testified and sang.... This was a service we will never soon forget.   Red was very proud of his congregation and with good reason.  He was telling us that on Tuesday nights his congregation comes to the church for Prayer Meeting...and he means PRAYER meeting.  Every Tuesday night they pray for people that is on their list.  People that are on the actual list was 4,372 that was how many on the list.  The people actually prayed, by name, 8,142.  Yes, I said EIGHT THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY TWO people.  BY NAME!!!!!!! it completely amazed James and I that this small congregation would even be able to name them in a service let alone to pray for their individual lives.  They not only pray but they call people to check on them and send cards.  This is an amazing ministry!  James and I have decided that God has been busy in  Hannibal, Mo. We will pray for these OUR brothers and sisters.  May God continue to bless HIS children.  Well James and I will be heading out in the morning at some crazy time to make it to Danville, Kentucky by tomorrow evening.  We will talk to you soon.....  All our love,  James and TJ     PS: check out the baptistry a person that goes to this church painted it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I could imagine you singing Beulah Land. Wish I had a video or audio of you singing. Maybe you can sing it for us at the house and cody can use his recording equipment to record your song???
    hint hint ... come to our house LOL The Lord is sure blessing you for your faithfulness to Him.
    Love you
    Marianna

    ReplyDelete